8/12/2006 | the universe hates change
Mat's little brother, Tony, got stung by a jellyfish at the shore. He was reluctant to go back into the water, but his friends convinced him that it wasn't likely to happen twice in a row. He got stung again almost immediately. This time, everyone agreed that he would definitely not get stung again and that he should go back in. After some convincing, he agreed. And guess what? He got stung, for the third time in less than an hour.

My older brother recently got a nose job. He had broken his nose (not once, but twice) playing basketball. To fix the damage, they did a rhinoplasty. That was less than a month ago. He was playing basketball again on Tuesday, and lo and behold, it got broken - again. He he another nose job today.

I feel as if I should be on the lookout for impending danger. The universe seems a bit cranky at the moment.

What do I need to watch out for, though? Speeding tickets? (I've had some near-misses) Broken car? (my lil bro's broke this week, so I lent him mine and took a rental on my trip) also think my boss might want me to do Temporary Duty in DC for a few months (which I will just smoothly change the subject when he gets near bringing up).

probably nothing will happen at all. I mean, how can anything exciting (good or bad) happen when I'm posting this on a Friday night? (I was going to go to sleep early, since I have to get up at the crack o' dawn, drive 3 hours, carry a bunch of shit down stairs, clean, move out, then drive back and unload the shit). There is a party to go to tomorrow night, but I doubt I'll be up for it.

btw, I fixed my layout a tad bit.

// posted by Sasha @ 8/12/2006 12:56:00 AM

Comments: Wow... being stung by a jellyfish 3 times in less than an hour? Ouch!

As a child I had really bad luck. I kept getting something broken from really small things. In total, I broke my head 7 times! Almost all the stitches are hidden by hair... but I have a nasty scar on my forehead, next to my hair line. I think this one is 24 stitches long.

I don't envy your plans. I hate being in a car for long... and I'm not even driving. To endure all those hours driving sounds like torture to me.

PS: Now that I've read your whole blog, I can say that I love to read to. So I have to ask you some recommendations. ^^
# posted by Blogger algelic : 8/12/2006 3:37 AM  

wow.. you are very unlucky. maybe you should wear a helmet, hehe :P

I hate moving. I'm so thrilled that i'm done the constant moving associated with college!

I commented in you blog with some recommendations (which hopefully will be useful!)
# posted by Blogger Sasha : 8/13/2006 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?