8/08/2006 | Tuesday, Tuesday right by me
I have no graphic design software. Hence making a layout for this site is kind of challenging.

Yeah, so here I am again, keeping myself entertained!! I accidentally ordered something for dinner that had meat in it (i'm a vegetarian). It should have been obvious, but I was a little trance-like from sitting through boring meetings all day and not thinking of the practicalities. I seriously considered eating it for a minute, but then shunned it after I looked up the ingredients. It's sitting on the counter, ready to be thrown away. I have not eaten meat for over 10 years. Eating it now would cause me to vomit, or to have, er, other digestion trouble. No thanks!

I've done the vomiting thing by accidentally eating beef broth in a soup before. My roomate from last summer (crazy ADD sorority girl, used to work at Hooters. Man, do I pick 'em!) had a friend who was incarcerated in Arizona. In Arizona jails, they don't feel the prisoners meat. When he got out, he had "digestive troubles" for over a month straight because he started eating meat again. Stories like this scare me!!!

Work is not fun. I have trouble staying awake in meetings! To be fair though, today some guy acutally did fall asleep ( I woke him up though. ha, the real world is just like school).

The one guy who was always at the meetings I call into turns out to be deaf! He has a strange accent, and sounds like a hillbilly over the phone (but otherwise speaks well). Poor guy, getting mistaken for a hillbilly computer programmer. Watching the interpreter at meetings makes them slightly more interesting.

My job also kind of sucks. I'm not doing real work yet (still working on my fake assignment), but it looks like I will be doing some testing soon. boo, kind of boring :( I work on a company-internal project, and our clients consist of other areas of our (very large) corporation. Since I work for a defense contractor, these projects are all really awesome ( I wish I worked on them instead! ) My internship last summer was flippin' SWEET (plus, I had friends there. friendssssss!) Oh well, I only have 5 more months to go on this assignment. Chin up!

// posted by Sasha @ 8/08/2006 07:31:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?