8/07/2006 | it changes
So, the good news is that I've fixed the layout a bit so it's not so ugly. The bad news? I'm not done yet. Maybe tomorrow?

I'm in Maryland/DC "on business." While this makes it sound like I have a slightly cool job (I get to travel "on business!"), it's really not so cool after all. My hotel suite is just ok (their cable channel doesn't have MTV, wtf. I'm never staying here again! ok, shallow, but true!)

And, while being able to eat whatever I want "for free" is nice (yeah, so I've been grocery shopping for expensive food. Green tea pommegranate soda, anyone?? Imported french cookies?) , it's lonely.

I am traveling again in two weeks to a leadership conference for work, but I don't think that will be so lonely. For one, I'll be with all the other LDP's in my program (LDP = people in the leadership development program), and other genres of LDP's. LDP's are, in general, outgoing type-a personalities. Lot of socializing is planned. Then I will meet up with a few of them again in September in Orlando, for an orientation. That should also be fun :)

I had a really good convo with Mat tonight. Not sure if it's because we're getting on the same page now, or if it's because I'm lonely.

We used to talk every night on the phone. It grew to be annoying (for me). I felt smothered - why did I need to talk to him every day, often multiple times a day, when we had nothing to talk about in the first place?? And the whole saying "I love you" thing all the time that led into the uncomfortable (on my side) "I love you more" "no, I love YOU more!" banter. gag me. I've never been an overly cheesy romantic person, and I feel resentful over that (dumb, but true).

OK, I must get off the computer. I drove all morning, worked all afternoon, procured food, then went online again to fix up my blog. I spend WAY too much time on computers *_*

// posted by Sasha @ 8/07/2006 11:19:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?