8/10/2006 | Home again, home again, jiggity-jig.
I'm home again. I like traveling for business, I barely have to work tomorrow because I put in a lot of hours traveling this past week. Yay! But, it's good to be back home, in my comfy bed.

I actually socialized with my coworkers today - went out to lunch with 3 of the younger guys and another guy who also came down for the week. They're ok. One of them also has to go to our unit's orientation session in Orlando, I think he's going to go down when I go, and hang out with me and the other LDP's. Now that I'm back home, I can stop feeling so tall (my little brother is 6'6", for starters). The cubicle walls at the office were a little short, so my head would stick above them. I was taller than all of my coworkers, male and female. I'm not even that tall (not quite 5'10"). psht. I guess it's just the flashbacks from trying to shop in the juniors department in junior high, and all the pants were like 6 inches too short.

In shallow news, I really like this dress! But I cannot pay $450 for a stupid dress (and where do I wear dresses, really? I think I have one wedding to go to this fall, but everywhere else is jeans-territory. )

Mat's mom is visiting him this weekend. I really like his mom (and his entire family). They are very Italian (sicilian), and try to force-feed me excessive quantities of food, which I am happy to eat. Who can turn down vodka sauce or fried zucchini flowers???

Unfortunately, I won't be around this weekend to see her (or is it fortunately?) I'm moving out of my old aparment in State College, even though I haven't been living there all summer. Ahh, the memories.

It's also a 3rd floor walkup, and I have furniture to carry down the stairs. Iiiiiiit's gonna suck!

// posted by Sasha @ 8/10/2006 08:56:00 PM

Comments: hi da other sasha ^^ pretty dress! but ya a bit steep. ~pa ka
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8/10/2006 10:30 PM  

Our cubicle walls are short, though not the shortest in the building. I don't like them, I'm 5'3" and I even think they should be MUCH taller.

I let out a big laugh about Mat's family!! I'm from an Italian family so I have bred in guilt whenever I DON'T eat seconds PLUS a dessert. My grandmother thinks dessert is as mandatory as breakfast.
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8/11/2006 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?