8/09/2006 | and Sasha gets off her lazy ass
I actually did something today - I went shopping in Georgetown after work. I was going to go to Annandale (aka Koreatown) to look at all the cute Korean imports and get Korean food (I <3 Korean food) , but didn't feel like doing the traffic thing. Thus, to Georgetown!

I didn't buy anything - I wanted to get a cute outfit at Zara for my conference in two weeks, but they must have recently changed their stock (or else their stock is different here) and it looked like the 80's threw up everywhere. I like skinny jeans and all, but I think we can all say no to such things as the bubble shirt (because women need clothes that will deliberately make them look fat) and sweatshirts cut off at the neck.

I can't really be arsed to buy anything lately. I have a million clothes, it's not like I need any more. I passed by what looked like lots of Japanese shops in Rockville, but didn't even stop.

I stopped at a grocery store on my way out of the district. beer in the grocery store! haha. being from PA, this impresses me. Talk to anyone from PA. We are all amazed by such trivialities o.O

// posted by Sasha @ 8/09/2006 11:31:00 PM

Comments: Oh, is Annandale worth driving to!? I haven't gotten to do much in VA in way of asian shops. Rockville, as I know of, has 2 pretty decent Japanese shops. One is a books & gifts where I buy a crap-load of magazines and the other is a grocery store that always has fresh new foods & snacks plus a few other things like shampoos, make-up, and spa supplies. These 2 are my fav shops to visit. They are on the Rockville Pike, is that where you passed them? I'm asking b/c if not you might have found new places I want to visit!! HAHAHA!

I like how skinny jeans look with boots, but I feel my hips aren't "skinny jean" material, sadly.

Beer in grocery stores isn't new to me, but wines and such are. I'm from MS and you'd never see wines in grocery stores. It was quite amusing too.
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8/10/2006 10:25 AM  

ha, that is so weird! They were on Rockville Pike. I read that you lived near DC, but didn't realize it was right where I was.

I don't know how far Annandale is from Rockville (1/2 hour?) but I think it's cute. I haven't been there for a year or two, but there are a lot of Korean businesses (especially restaurants). Lots of signs in Korean.

My friend in DC likes somewhere called Seoul Soondae (sp?) that's somewhat cheap, but there are also better expensive places. There are (i'm pretty sure) bookstores, comic shops, clothing stores, etc along Little River Turnpike. Some of the clothing stores are cute and have cute accessories, but you have to be on the "petite" side since they're all tiny. I can't remember anywhere specific, other than the New Seoul Department store (and a clothes store... Ceci something? ask the Koreans for advice on where to go, too).

It's something to do if you're bored, I guess (that was my goal, anyways! ^_^)

buttt it's been a little while since I've been there - I don't want to tell you to go, and then have it suck
# posted by Blogger Sasha : 8/10/2006 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?