9/15/2006 | Stupid Football :(
I just want to stay home and relax this weekend! :( I told Mat that I wasn't going to go to the PSU game tomorrow earlier in the week, buuuuuut today he somehow convinced me to go :( WTF, why did I agree to this? This wastes my whole day tomorrow, and I get bored after the first quarter. I want to cancel it, but I feel bad :( I hate wasting my whole day for something that's boring. Gotta drive the 3+ hours there, stand around in the parking lot for awhile, go to the game, stand around again, and drive 3+ hours back. DULL... I told him before he bought the tickets that I wouldn't want to go. I was up for last time (although the rain made it miserable), but I just don't really care anymore.

I used to not stand up for myself, so if I was bored, I wouldn't say it. I would watch sports with him, listen to him and his friends talk about sports, etc... but I'm over that. I think over my time in college I definitely became more assertive - I'm much more assertive now than when we first started dating (ok, I've very assertive now. I blame all the years of group projects). I hate talking about sports, I'm just not interested.

Then, I work in a male dominated field. There really are no other women to talk to in my "area" at work... and this one guy who sits near me always tries to talk to me about college football (like I give a crap). Ok, I'm polite and chat with him because I don't want to be mean, but urg. And there's happy hour. I like happy hour as much as the next, and when I was at the conference a few weeks ago I met some other new hires who work in a different part of the company and do happy hour regularly. Out of 40 guys, there's 3 girls :( Happy hour blows. It's sitting at a bar (while sports are playing of course) talking about sports (and sometimes poker). I know I can try to change the topic of conversation, but I can only do it so many times before I feel selfish and controlling. So I don't.

Earlier this week, I went to an impromptu happy hour with someone I knew from college. OMG, same deal. 10 guys talking about sports and me. And, how did I handle this? By playing with my phone, having my mom call me so they could see me talking on it, and then telling them that *darn it* I had to go because Mat locked his keys in his apartment and I had to go let him in.

I think I'm boycotting happy hour from now on. I'm tired of sports. I want to stay home this weekend, decorate my room, finish my new layout, and probably wash my car (I swear, every bird in the neighborhood has decided to take a crap on it. that's what I get for parking under a tree). But now, football has to try to ruin my day again! I'm sick of f'ing sports! HA! But now I'm antisocial :(

I found out today that I'm could be going back to DC for work next week. I have to decide if it's actually worth it for me to go this weekend. I don't really want to go, it's not something important, but I feel as if I should, so I'll probably be there for two or three days next week. bleh!

// posted by Sasha @ 9/15/2006 07:42:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?