9/18/2006 | I'm going on a diet! For real!
I'm busy at work! This is a blessing, because I haven't really been *busy* yet. But I also have a lot to do, and being new, I don't know our program very well. It makes me slow, and I'm a very impatient person. I'm also going down to DC again this week on Wed and Thurs. For the group picnic, haha, such pressing business. Should be fun though!

I've decided that I'm dieting/exercising. I've had it. I weigh over 160 lbs. Now, it's really not that bad, since I am pretty tall, but I need to wear a bikini in 3 weeks. I would say that I don't necessarily look overweight, but I have the Mischa Barton effect: ie, how is it possible to be fat and skinny at the same time? Let's just say, I need to do some toning.

And so, I am telling this to the internet, in hopes that now that I have told "the world", I will have to put some sort of effort behind this. My goal will be to lose 5lbs.

I always felt kind of "fat" growing up. I outweighed many of my friends by a good 30-40 lbs most of the time. I stopped being able to wear children's clothes in third grade. It was really hard to feel "girly" when I both outweighed and towered over all the boys in junior high. ha ha. I definitely did not get asked out on any dates :P

(<-- my old body) I don't know what the hell I was thinking, because I was very skinny. I weigh about 15lbs more now than I did in high school. I have only started to like the way I look in these last few years... why couldn't I appreciate these things earlier? sigh.

Labels: ,


// posted by Sasha @ 9/18/2006 07:58:00 PM

Comments: Your body image issues sound similar to mine when I was in middle and high school. I am 6ft. tall and was always bigger than my classmates.

I love my body now more than ever and I am far curvier than I was back then. I think everyone feels like a freak during those preteen and teen years. Looking back, I often feel sorriest for the more ideal looking girls because they seemed more insecure than anyone. Sadly, when I have met many of these women years later, they still seem insecure.

Our girls grow up in a culture that puts far too much emphasis on physical beauty, and all of this insecurity is born of that.
# posted by Blogger Too_Lively : 9/19/2006 9:31 AM  

Whoot! Maybe I'll see ya in DC! Hahaha. Yea, I told someone today that I'd rather be busy than bored @ work.

I weigh 15 pounds more now than in high school too. A part of me just wants to yell "why didn't you stay toned before it would turn into actual work toning up!!!!!!!?????????"
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9/19/2006 9:33 PM  

well, eat light after 5pm, do at least 30 minutes of cardio, focus on building lean muscle, eat 5 times a day and add protein. Eat fruit, vegies and low gi carbs eg; rye bread.
I saw my GP yesterday and that's what she recommended. She also said you can get this amphetamine type drug that speeds up your metabolism, you can only take it for 3 months max.
# posted by Blogger freelance_alicia : 9/20/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?