8/01/2006 | Somehow, I thought it would be better than this
Growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be. How do you know when you're an adult? I have trouble taking people seriously who claim to be adults, because let's face it - very few of us college-age people are "adults," aside from meeting age requirements.

After 17 years of being a full-time student, I'm cut loose. Everyone is going back to school in the fall. And me? I'm working. Thinking about things like pension plans, which I don't fully understand. Doing things because I'm obligated to, not because I want to. For the next, let's say, 42 years until I retire?

As part of my job, I'll be continuing with grad school in the fall. I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread, though, to the last 17 years of my life. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone. Who the hell am I??

it pains me to say it, but my dreams now are things like winning the lottery, or marrying a rich guy so that I never am obligated to do things I don't want to again. If only I weren't so damn practical! I'd be a hippy and teach yoga, write, or study unprofitable subjects like french or anthropology. If only I didn't care about money, or have to ability to earn it! :(

Why can't my life be like some cheesy romance novel, where the bright spunky heroine proves that women are liberated, gets the rich/goodooking/titled hero, and gets to lounge around being wealthy for the rest of her life and quits the working drudgery even though she is now "empowered" because honestly, working sucks and most people would not want to do it, empowered or not. If I was rich, my goal in life would be to be a stay at home mom! All my education, down the drain!!!

Oh well. My life is definitely not like a novel. It's not that interesting and there's no witty dialogue. Welcome to the real world, Sasha :(

// posted by Sasha @ 8/01/2006 09:36:00 PM

Comments: Omigod I can so relate. If I had a scientific brain, I'd have the same problem but as I'm creative and artsy I have no choice but to be a bum.

I say, invest all your money in your looks and snag a rich man.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, did I just say that ? oh mah
# posted by Blogger freelance_alicia : 8/07/2006 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?