7/27/2006 | A Little Background...
I am someone who is always getting screwed. Figuratively, not literally. If only that were my problem!

I'm twenty-two years old. I just graduated college in May, and I live at home. With my parents and brothers. Brother #1 is moving out at the end of the month because he just bought a house, and brother #2 will shortly be going back to college. So, it will really just be me and the parents soon, but I'm going kind of crazy living here. Why don't you just move out, you ask? I want to save my money, so that I can move out into a nice house, rather than a shitty apartment. I'm sure you will hear me complaining about this from time to time, because it sucks, but it doesn't suck more than paying $1200/month for a crappy one bedroom apartment.

I moved back home after going to Penn State and getting a degree in Computer Science and I'm a software developer at a big medical company. Hopefully you won't hear me whining about computers, because that would be boring. Also, I should have more of a life than all this whining!

I also have a boyfriend, Matteo. He is Italian-American. I have been dating him for almost 4 years, and have just come to the realization that I have wasted the last 4 years of my life. Mat doesn't realize this. I need to break up with him, but I can't! I feel so bad. Also into this equation is the fact that I am a virgin. How did that happen, you ask? Well, Mat is Catholic (naturally) and wants to wait till we're married to have sex. I don't, to say the least. So, I'm not completely innocent, but damn, how did I become a 22 year old virgin?

My plan is to break up with Matt soon. Poor, poor Mat, I don't know what to do. Every time I plan to do it, I chicken out. Bawk bawk, that's me, Sasha-chicken.

Friends? Ha! Let's see: There is my friend Emily: a great friend, smart, kind of nerdy, creepily close family, but she's going to grad school in Iowa soon. My friend Anna, who I graduated with, just moved down my way from NYC. The only problem? She's in a fantastic relationship with Mat's friend, Tim. They were roommates in college, though they're not close lately. Anna lives about 40 minutes away, and she's also a good friend.

From here's it's dubious: I lost contact with a lot of my high-school friends, who I was never totally in love with to begin with. My "bff" from high school is Lizzie. Lizzie lives in the city, has dubious choices in friends sometimes, and can be flaky but we have so much fun together! Except we haven't really hung out in awhile. Guess I should renew this friendship, so I can expand my (non-existant) social life. Dan is a good friend, but he's also Mat's good friend. Madison, a nice, fun girl who hooks up with (aka "is a girlfriend to" despite the fact that she has a boyfriend already). Madison is moving to Michigan this weekend. Yippie yay.

I've been working for three weeks so far, and have NO FRIENDS at work! Seriously, everyone in my department telecommutes. No one is my age. There's no one to eat lunch with (but at least I get out a half hour early due to my lack of a lunch break). I went out to happy hour my first week with a girl named Allison (26) who works in my area and some people she knew from the company, but that was two weeks ago, she almost never comes to work, and I have no life!!!!! argh, people......

OK. Now you know something about my conundrum. I HAVE NO LIFE. It's not like I'm trying to be antisocial! I like to party. I'm not unattractive. I'm fun to be around. I'm nice. I'm talkative. Please, dear lord, let it get more exciting soon!

Love,
Sasha

// posted by Sasha @ 7/27/2006 10:11:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?