8/22/2006 | Books
Book Tag from Too_Lively: :)

Note: I am drunk blogging. I started this post while sober, but want to finish it before signing off. Please forgive any stupid answers or typos:

1. One book that changed your life –
I don't really know if any book really changed my life per se, though quite a few have made me look at life differently. I think that many Kay Gibbons books have helped me to understand where my grandmother is coming from, ie the role of women in the past (NOT PRESENT).

2. One book that you’ve read more than once –
I read most books I like more than once. Children's books like Little House on the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables, Emily of New Moon, etc. I still like to read them (I know, lame, but I really do like kid's books! Especially old ones. And LM Montgomery doesn't really count as a children's author, anyways). Other things that makes my rounds regularly, largely because they're on my bookshelf - White Oleander, Memoirs of Geisha, Outlander, Sushi for Beginners, and many more that I cannot think of during this (drunk) moment.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island - A book about survival (makes senses) :) Then, sommething incredibly long, like a Jean Aeul Nature's Children box set or a Shakespeare anthology.

4. One book that made you laugh – Cheaper by the Dozen, by Frank & Ernestine Gilbreth, anything by Marian Keyes

5. One book that made you cry – Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons ;_;

6. One book that you wish had been written – one by me? I like to write, but I have trouble finding time and an environment where I can FOCUS. Also, I'll write a good amount, then decide that I hate the plot, change what I've written it, get a bit farther, do a lot of rewriting, etc. I have a hard time deciding what I like ( I also have a need for realism! Probably I'm so cynical, and try to write romances. It doesn't mix well. haha). Other than this egotistical answer, one about how to (REALLY) be rich/happy/wonderful? A guide to my life? A book of future winning lottery #'s (viewable only by ME)?

7. One book you wish had never been written – anything by Ann Coulter?? haha. Also, some books on relationships are BAD. I don't know if I would wish that they hadn't been written, though.

8. One book you’re currently reading – Ha, I'm not really reading much right now, since I'm not at home. Before I left I grabbed this month's copy of Reader's Digest, and Jonathon Livingston Seagull (which I found under my carpet right before I left and is about 3 weeks overdue at the library)

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read –
So many! Lots of books about programming ( I never get around to it / it is not exactly much fun ). I also would like to reread The Grapes of Wrath and Anna Karenina. I read them when I was in middle school, and many parts probably went over my head. That's why I like to re-read books, you get a much deeper understanding of them, and you're able to get a better grasp the second time around.

I am posting now so that I don't lose the post that I started. Sorry for the drunk blog (though hopefully it's entertaining!)!!

// posted by Sasha @ 8/22/2006 06:01:00 PM

Comments: I think I'm doomed to NOT know the story of Anna Karenina! A couple of years ago I rented the video... but didn't have enough time to watch it (not even a little bit). I've tried to buy the book many times... but it's sold out EVERYTIME...!
I say this because I really wish I knew what it's about. Because my mom chose my name after her. LOL
# posted by Blogger algelic : 8/23/2006 10:02 AM  

Sasha, you know now that you answered the call of the "tag" I will bother you again. ;)

Algelic, you can find Anna Karenina at Project Gutenberg because it is in public domain.

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1399
# posted by Blogger Too_Lively : 8/23/2006 1:43 PM  

i'm ready for the call! Also surprised that my post ended up coherent :)
# posted by Blogger Sasha : 8/23/2006 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?