8/15/2006 | Blabble blabble, look! Pictures!
I never know what to say to the cleaning lady when she comes to empty the trash in my cube. It used to be some young kid who I would exchange pleasantries with, but now it's an old lady who takes forever and uses the time to ask awkward questions. I usually put my headphones on and pretend to be listening to music, ha. How lame am I. In my past jobs, we weren't even allowed to have personal trash cans b/c of security reasons, ha. enough with the nerdy talk. (I almost started talking about the new version of Blogger, thank god I stopped!)

And, because pictures make things more interesting:


Look! I am growing a mango tree! Or, I will watch the seed sprout, plant it, then forget to water it and it will die. Or I will leave it outside and the cold weather will kill it. Either way, it's demise is inevitable. Note the backsplash that my mother made me paint in our kitchen, which was supposed to be "temporary," five years ago.






I also have been afflicted with a zit the size of Texas. I thought I was past this stage in life? No amount of concealer will cover it up :( When I lived in CO, my skin was perfect (look! pictoral evidence!). Perhaps it was the low humidity. Or the elevation, it gets blamed for lots of things.

Yes, I actually posted a picture of my zit on the internet (actually, it doesn't look as bad after I made the picture smaller). behold a girl with no life!!!!

wish I had something interesting to say, all I have are more things about work that I shouldn't post, which is OK. I will probably work from home tomorrow, and with the two hours saved in commuting I will do a little retail therapy!

Little bro works at QVC, so I have to use his discount as many times as possible before his internship ends. QVC suprisingly has nice beauty products, like Smashbox, Mally, Tarte, and Philosophy, which I get a 30% discount on. woo. I never realized before that expensive beauty products really do make a different.

Then I need some fierce outfits for my trip to VA next week. My goal: intimadate the future elite of my company! This may call for the 4 inch heels to make an appearance.

// posted by Sasha @ 8/15/2006 10:38:00 PM

Comments: I never knew what to say to the guy who came to empty my trash can and recycle bin either. Thank goodness the shredder wasn't in my office!

I also killed two African Violets in my office before I gave up trying to grow plants. And African Violets are supposed to be one of the easiest plants on the planet to take care of. *cry*
# posted by Blogger Sapphirefly : 8/16/2006 1:10 PM  

I'm SO glad my new job has after-hours cleaners. My old job had the oldest nicest lady for clean-up and it made me feel like a guilty sinner. I'd do the headphone thing too though.

I have never seen a mango tree in the making. I must say it's quite gross looking.

I winced hearing about your zit b/c I'm battling them myself. Just sucks when that stage is over then suddenly you have to fumble with make-up + zits with no pleasurable outcome.

Wow, lucky discount you get!! It'll be great for xmas shopping.

Sorry my comment was long, I'm bored @ work, hahaha!
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8/16/2006 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?